MagazineBook uses widgets on front-page to make it customisable. To understand the structure of front-page, check this link.
To make your website’s home page look like the demo website, you need to customize 3 main sections/areas. First is ‘Banner Section’, second is ‘Content Top Section’ and third id ‘Content Middle Section’.
Banner Section can be managed from the customizer. ‘Content Top’ and ‘Content Middle’ sections are widget areas and you can add as many widgets as you want here.
To edit the banner section:
- Go to ‘Appearance > Customize > Front-page Options’.
- Here, you can select a particular category to fetch posts from.
To add posts in ‘Content Top Section’:
‘Content Top Section’ is a widget area. You can add multiple widgets here. To add widgets here, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Appearance > Customize > Widgets’.
- Go to ‘Front Page: Content Top Section’.
- You can add multiple widgets in this area. On demo website, we have added only one widget here.
- Click on ‘Add a Widget’ button.
- Select ‘MB: Simple Featured Posts’ widget here to display posts in a row.
- You can add title, choose the category and number of posts to display in this widget.
To add posts in ‘Content Middle Section’:
Content middle section is also a widget area. You can add multiple widgets here. Following screenshot highlights ‘Content Middle Section’. This section can be displayed along with the sidebar widget area.